Kingsley Warner and Sahana Kamath represent VIU Indonesia and Malaysia
The Bridge is the original VIU Malaysia movie that has continued with its second season. The Film has gained several awards and re-featured actress Rebecca Lim of Singapore and Bront Palarae of Malaysia.
In addition to the old and legendary actors from Malaysia, Wan Hanafi Su also participated in the second season with actors such as Fikry Ibrahim and Miller Khan. From Indonesia There are also actors such as Ario Bayu and Lukman Sardi
Certainly interesting to know the ins and outs of this second season and also the reason why the actors from Indonesia also involved, related to this, then Cinemags represented Nuty Laraswaty, the opportunity to conduct interviews with the representatives of VIU-producer Sahana Kamath and country manager VIU Kingsley Warner
Here are the interview results:
1. Is there any reason why this season 2, involving more actress actors and locations in Indonesia?
Head of Original Production for Viu Indonesia and Malaysia Sahana Kamath and Country Manager Viu Kingsley Warner said The Bridge is a story that has been designed to cross-country the storyline.
The Bridge written by Endemol Shine, Hans Rosenfeldt, is a Scandinavian series and has been adapted by countries such as America, France, England, Mexico to the end of the country between Malaysia and Singapore.
See that the story format discusses the events between cross-country and approach locally, therefore with this kind of format model it is felt to add another country and its options fall in Indonesia.
Sahana Kamath added that the film has received a good response from Indonesia, so that the addition of the storyline by carrying Indonesia is felt right.
But the interesting thing is in the second season this time, is the first time for the overall adaptation of the countries mentioned above, the addition of a third country that is Indonesia, so expected in this season can give something different for the audience
2. Are there any special reasons for making this film work with HBO?
Country Manager VIU Kingsley Warner presented in season one scope VIU still limited Segementasinya because VIU is still relatively new, but this time cooperation with HBO is felt necessary because it is felt today is a very precise time to be able to enter the audience in the new scope, because the industry is a competitive industry, so this cooperation can help the film to be commercial. It feels also that this cooperation feels right in quality.
3. How many episodes of The Bridge Season 2 series will be planned, and will it still be open for season 3?
Sahana Kamath said that in season 2, there will be ten episodes. VIU will see in advance The performance of The Bridge season 2, whether received by The audience well, if the response given by the audience is good, then the possibility for season 3 wide Open
1. The Bridge adaptation is including a successful film, with the highest viewership until season 4
2. Adaptations have been made to many countries and are usually related to criminal cases involving two countries:
- English – French titled The Tunnel (2013),
- United States – Mexico under The title The Bridge (2013), starring Diane Kruger as U.S. Detective Sonya Cross.
- Estonia – Russia under The title The Bridge (2016);
- Malaysia – Singapore under The title The Bridge (2018);
- The German-Austrian title The Bridge (2018).